This form MUST be completed at least 10 BUSINESS days prior to the event. Business days are Monday through Friday when the college is open for normal business.
Per LSC System Policy, all TRAVEL requests MUST be submitted AT LEAST 30 days in advance. ANY request recieved less than 30 days in advance will be denied.
In accordance with First Amendment Rights and LSC Board Policy VI.D.10 states, “students enjoy First Amendment protections on all premises.” This means that students and student organizations have the right to assemble at will on campus providing their activity is not
For more information or clarity, please reference: LONE STAR COLLEGE SYSTEM DISTRICT BOARD POLICY MANUAL Fifth Edition
Per LSC System Policy, all TRAVEL requests MUST be submitted AT LEAST 30 days in advance. ANY request received less than 30 days in advance will be denied.
If you are traveling off campus for this event you must complete the Travel Request Form 1 (TR1) and attach it to this request.
Student Life Travel Checklist (under construction)
Travel Approval Process
Student Travel Forms
Participant Release and Indemnification
Request to Use College Vehicle
Motor Pool Policy
Fuel Receipt Form
Fundraising Guidelines for Lone Star College - CyFair RSOs
RSOs may only hold 2 fundraisers per academic year.
Fundraising activities can only last 24 hours per single event.
ALL funds raised during the event MUST be deposited to the RSO Fund 50 account IMMEDIATELY upon culmination of event. Deposit form can be accessed here
RSOs may NOT use Fund 14 money to support the fundraising event.
This is required only for on-campus requests
Please complete and submit this order form. Student Life Specialists will work with the vendor to get a quote for your order.
Student Life does not provide graphic design service. Student Organizations may use Designs In Print, or may have a member design their artwork. All artwork must meet the following specifications:
• Must include the organization name and the college name in the design. Frequently, organizations will have a special event design in one location and include the LSC-CyFair logo with the organization name on the sleeve or pocket (for shirts).
• When the LSC logo is used, it must follow all marketing and branding style guides, which can be found here.
• Do not pull graphics from the Internet to use for your designs. We cannot use copyrighted images or images that are not print-ready.
• Please know that when multiple colors and locations are used for imprinting, the cost increases greatly. Also, printing light ink on dark colors frequently runs in a double run charge, as they have to print it twice to keep the background color from showing through the ink.
• All graphic design work must be approved by the College Relations Graphic Designer prior to going to print. Student Life will facilitate that approval process.
• You will need to have a good idea of what you want to order. LSC uses promotional items vendors from an approved list. It is up to you, not Student LIfe, to find the item(s) that you'd like to order. That said, you are welcome to stop by the office for advice and guidance, as we have worked with some of these vendors previously. For t-shirts, you don't need to look up items. We'll just need details such as the quantity, sizes, and colors. Here is a list of our vendors, with links to their websites:
All print requests will be processed through the Center for Student Life using the Print Shop Form located under this tab.
This form is only to be used for printing at the College Print Shop.
Advisors should submit the Print Request Form to the Center for Student Life Office 10 business days prior to date items are needed.
Once the form is submitted, the Center for Student Life will check the RSO’s budget for available funds. If the funds are available, the Center for Student Life will send the request form to the Print Shop. If the funds are not available, the Center for Student Life will check the RSO’s 50 account for funds. If no funds are found, the request will be denied.
NOTE: all requests can take between 5-10 Business days to complete depending on the request and print shop turn around time.All items can be picked up by your RSO member in the Center for Student Life Office during business hours.
Standard Print sizes info can be found here
File formatting information can be found here
You should be thinking of risk management considerations when planning your event. As an organizational leader, you should always consider the potential risks and develop a plan in advance to minimize or avoid risks whenever possible. Types of risk might include:
• PHYSICAL - can include things such as food poisoning, injuries that may result from physical activities, injuries that may result from travel related accidents
• REPUTATION - those things that may result in negative publicity for your organization, Lone Star College, your advisor(s), and/or a venue where you are holding an event
• EMOTIONAL - those things that can cause a participant at your event to feel alienated or negatively impact the feelings of a member or members of the LSC community
• FINANCIAL - those things that can negatively impact the fiscal stability of your organization and/or organizations financially supporting your event
• FACILITIES - those things which may cause property damage, prevent your event from being held (bad weather, not enough space for the number of participants, lack of equipment or materials needed for the event, etc.)
Student Life Approvals